Friday, July 24, 2009

Can I have green tea on the Cookie Diet?

I have just started the cookie diet, but nowhere can I find I am allowed to have green tea or any tea at all. Also having a difficult time eating all the food allowed at dinner so please help to figure out how to do this I have a small lunch either chicken or tuna . There is no office in my area so I can speak to someone in person thank you for your time, Rose Marie

I am by no means an expert on the cookie diet. And if you've read any of my posts you'll know I'm no fan of it either! My understanding is that you eat this special "cookie" instead of meals and snacks until dinner. So it sounds like you shouldn't be eating food at lunch if you're following the diet... maybe then you'll be hungry at dinner time. I don't believe there is a lot of food on the plan, so you might want to weigh your portions to be certain you are only having 4-6 ounces of lean protein, or whatever the recommended amount is.

As for green tea, since it does not have calories I can't imagine why it wouldn't be allowed.
By the way, have you considered your plans for after you go off the cookie diet? What do you believe will happen then?
I implore you to consider changing your focus and energy to developing a healthy eating plan you can follow for the rest of your life and give up these fad diets!!

1 comment:

  1. Good Informative Post! The benefits of green tea for dieting and medical use have been recognized for centuries in countries like India and China. Green tea has been proven to reduce cholesterol levels, as well as triglycerides. It can even prove beneficial for those who wish to increase their HDL ("good") cholesterol levels.

    A boost in the immune system, as well as weight loss, has been seen in those who drink green tea on a regular basis.

    Benefits of Green Tea for Dieting

    ReplyDelete