Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Can Vitamins Affect My Immune System?

I started taking One a Day Teen Advantage for Her vitamins for about 6 months but I notice everytime I go away on a church retreat or anywhere where I spend the night and I don't take my vitamin that weekend I get sick with fevers nausea and other things. Is not taking the vitamin affecting my immune system? Marie C.

Dear Marie,

There's not much chance that skipping your vitamin pill for a few days should cause any noticeable difference at all in how you feel. Most vitamin deficiencies take weeks to develop, and that would be assuming that you were not getting any in the foods you were eating!

If, however, you notice you DO feel better when you take the vitamin, try taking them with you wherever you go and taking one every day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment